It’s New Year’s Eve! I’m looking forward to 2017 and all of the opportunities, challenges, connections and blessings it will bring. And I have to acknowledge that one of the big opportunities and blessings for me in 2016 was sharing a few thoughts, recipes and haikus with you in this blog – and the interactions and connections that spawned. Thank you!
There’s no time to create a compelling post at the moment – the Christmas tree’s undoing beckons!- so I will wish everyone a safe and happy celebration tonight, and simply repost a New Year’s Day Brunch menu from last year.
My recommended New Year’s Brunch Menu (which can also be a lovely New Year’s Eve menu if you’re having a party):
- Sweet Potato Biscuits, which are shaped like coins and also the color of gold
- Scotch Eggs, which have pork, a celebratory food
- Smoked Salmon Spread, another celebratory and extravagant food
- Mashed Potato Pancakes, also shaped like coins, and because they are a fabulous complement to the other foods
- Antipasto Fresca, because you need something fresh and brightly colored with all these other dishes!
- Sweets: perhaps Raspberry Nut Bars or Glover Gardens Comfort Cookies
- The Pampas Grass, a champagne drink from Glover Gardens.
I got all into New Year’s traditions last year and wrote about the traditions that accompany it – click here if you’d like to read the full post.
Happy New Year! And don’t forget to be safe.
Copyright 2016, Glover Gardens Cookbook