Followers of this blog will have read about our last millennial in college, the young musician majoring in Jazz Composition at the University of Texas. I’d like to call Thomas the Glover Gardens resident composer, except that he won’t be in residence much longer because he heads to Austin for his sophomore year in just a couple of days. A prolific composer, Thomas has just completed another original and posted the recording on the streaming service Bandcamp.
This one is really lovely – evocative, thoughtful, pensive – and extra-special to me because he dedicated it to his late grandfather (my Dad). They were close, and my Dad was so very proud of my son’s musical talent.
I hope you’ll click and give it a listen.
There will be a lot more original jazz to come, and the posts below provide some of his previous compositions, if you just can’t wait.
- Jazz and Conversation for Your Listening Pleasure
- A Little More Music for a Sunday Evening: Freedom of Expression by Thomas Wenglinski
- Still More Music for a Sunday Evening: “Like Poppies”
- A Little (More) Music for a Sunday Evening
- A Little Music for a Saturday Evening
- A Little Music for a Sunday Evening
- Music Feeds the Soul
Copyright 2017, Glover Gardens Cookbook
cover photo credit to Mallory Frenza