There is no reason anyone in the universe should be stumped for a Father’s Day gift in these days of the digital universe. I’m already all set in my gifting for my own Dad, the Grill-Meister (the Dad in my household), and my father-in-law, but I keep bumping into online lists of Dad’s Day gifts every time I crack open the computer:
- Business Insider has published a compilation of gift idea lists, 9 separate lists that run the gamut from outdoorsy Dads to tech-lovers to personalized gifts to steals under $25
- Runners’ World is sharing a list of Amazon Prime last-minute gifts
- Cosmopolitan has a list of “30 Cool Gifts for Dad”
- USA Today’s contribution to this list-fest is a set of 20 “luxurious” gifts, after last month suggesting a camera-equipped drone (I don’t like to judge, but this might be a bit much)
- Joy of Android has published a great list of tech gifts, like the Bio-Lite camp stove shown below.
So I thought I would just jump right onto that bandwagon and publish a short list of my own, with illustrations.
Glover Gardens Suggestions for Father’s Day Gifts
(AKA Gifts for Any Occasion for Anyone Who Loves Outdoor Cooking)
OK, what you’re looking at here is the grill gazebo. This was the Grill-Meister’s Father’s Day / Anniversary gift last year. It’s a hard top, and you can find it at Lowe’s. There’s also a less expensive canvas top version.
Below is how it looks in our backyard at Glover Gardens.
So, in addition to the grill gazebo idea for Father’s Day, perhaps it’s time for your Grill-Meister to upgrade his barbecue grill. The Grill-Meister had an oil-drum style grill for years until it rusted and then got battered by tornado-felled trees (see If a Tree Falls on the House, Does Anyone Hear It?). That was a sad day.
The new grill, delivered with love as an anniversary gift last year, is a Weber Performer Deluxe, also available at Lowe’s.
This Weber Performance Deluxe grill is The BOMB, because it has a propane ignition system that allows you to use charcoal as quickly as you can use a gas grill, making it a viable weeknight option.
The smoker is also a downright solid Father’s Day gift. In addition to being a Dad-pleaser, it is a gift that keeps on giving. See Tom’s Smoked Salmon for more info about our smoker and a killer recipe for smoked salmon.
Check out those beautiful smoked chickens.
Just a reminder of the disclaimer on my About page: All recommendations are based on personal opinion and experience and should not be considered as advertisements.
Happy Father’s Day!
Copyright 2017, Glover Gardens Cookbook